US ARC-TU MR-RT-141
Records of the American Committee on Africa (ACOA)
- 1952 - 1985 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Unknown ; Text-based documents
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Documents the pioneering anti-apartheid group in the US from its establishment in the 1950s. Documents related to Rivonia Trial are:
- Campaign against South African Apartheid: Memos, draft letters to and lists of sponsors, resolutions and declarations, flyers, clippings and notes 1963 (1960-1964). Major topics: Appeal for action against Apartheid, Rivonia arrests and trials, international boycott of South African goods etc.
- African National Congress Pamphlets. Includes: South African on Trial: Behind the Rivonia Case (no date).
- Mandela, Nelson (ca. 1964). Major topic: Rivonia trial.
- World Campaign for the Release of South African Political Prisoners: Rivonia Trial: Newsletters, statements, press releases, brochure (1963-1964).
- Writings: Chief Albert Luthuli (1957 and 1964). Major topics: Racial situation, Rivonia trial, ANC.
- Writings: Nelson Mandela (1961 and 1964). Major topics: 1961 Stay-at-home demonstration, Rivonia trial.
Microfilm versions available at Manuscripts and Archives, University of Cape Town.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Inventory available from repository